VMware has finally realeased an patch version for VCF 3.x and the version is 3.11. You can only download this as a patch form from the SDDC Manager. You can Upgrade to version 3.11 from 184.108.40.206 or VCF 3.5 or later.
This Release VCF 3.11 includes the following:
- Security fixes for Apache Log4j Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: This release fixes CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046. See VMSA-2021-0028.
- Security fixes for Apache HTTP Server: This release fixes CVE-2021-40438. See CVE-2021-40438.
- Improvements to upgrade prechecks: Upgrade prechecks have been expanded to verify filesystem capacity, file permissions, and passwords. These improved prechecks help identify issues that you need to resolve to ensure a smooth upgrade.
- This also resolves the following Security Advisory VMSA-2022-0004 which deals with several vulnerabilities in esxi 6.7 hosts
- This also resolves the vulnerability in VCF SDDC Manager 3.x according to the security advisory VMSA-2022-0003
- This version also addresses the heap-overflow vulnerability in esxi hosts according to the security advisory VMSA-2022-0001.2
The Updated product versions according to the BOM for VCF 3.11 are
Hope this post helps for the teams who have VCF 3.10.x and waiting for the long awaited log4j patch instead of an workaround.